Polish Heavy Metal Fan Dies Of 'Natural Causes' At Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival
According to Deutsche Welle, a 52-year-old Polish heavy metal fan was found dead earlier today (Friday, August 2) in his tent at this year’sWacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Gemany. In a statement, the festival organizers said that the man “died of natural causes.”
It’s not Wacken‘s first such case. The accidental death of a young man cast a shadow over last year’s festival as well. That man died of carbon monoxide poisoning while lying under a trailer tarpaulin.
Described as “the biggest heavy metal festival in the world,” Wacken Open Air features performances by over 100 acts, including ALICE COOPER, DEEP PURPLE and MOTÖRHEAD.
All 75,000 tickets to this year’s year’s edition of the Wacken Open Airfestival were sold as of last September — a little more than a month after being made available. This marked the eighth time in a row that Wacken Open Air was sold out and it was the event’s fastest sellout ever.